1) The penthouse suite door is decorated with a plaque bearing its name.
|Welcome to ms Zuiderdam's Penthouse Verandah Suite #7046!|
2) Inside the foyer: to the right is a butler's pantry with a sink, full-size fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Dishes and cutlery are hidden in the lower cabinets, as are coffee and tea, but sadly, there is no kettle to boil water for the tea. To the left is a guest bathroom.
|Right: Butler's Pantry|
|Left: Guest Bathroom|
3) Directly in front of the entrance, inside the suite, is the dining area. There is a table for six, and behind the table, sliding glass patio doors lead to the balcony. For a review and photos of the balcony, please click here.
|Dining table for six, photo taken facing the entryway (door visible to the left). The patio door to the balcony is behind you, and the bedroom is visible to the right. The desk (see #4 below) is to your left from here.|
|Desk with view of the jacuzzi. Patio door to the balcony on the left.|
5) Just to the left of the entrance, inside the dining area, is a cabinet with glassware inside. Welcome aboard champagne and bottled water will be found chilling in the stand-alone ice bucket upon arrival, and fresh flowers and fresh fruit (replenished daily) are found on the cabinet.
|Wine glasses inside!|
6) To the far right from the entrance when you walk in, you will find the living room. Hidden inside the cabinets under the television is a surprisingly comfortable double Murphy bed, which the stateroom stewards pull down each night and pack away each morning.
|Large living area with seating for eight.|
|Murphy bed hidden inside the cabinets under the flat-screen TV. (DVD and VCR in the cabinet on the upper left side.)|
|Murphy bed made up for night time, towel animal welcomes you home!|
7) To the far left from the entrance is the bedroom. Heavy double doors that latch open can be closed and provide excellent sound-proofing! To the left of the bed is a well-lit built-in vanity table with outlets for the HAL-provided hairdryer (inside the drawer).
|King size bed. Floor-to-ceiling window gives a view of the balcony and the great outdoors.|
|Vanity table and bench - hairdryer in drawer, magnifying mirror and kleenex box on top. (Please excuse the mess!) Ensuite bathroom to the right (shower is slightly visible).|
8) The main bathroom is ensuite to the bedroom. Its entrance lies just to the right of the vanity, and can be closed with a sliding pocket door. Inside this bathroom is a round shower with multiple shower heads, double sinks with ample storage space behind the mirrors, and a large jacuzzi tub with a Neptune's (?) head fountain spout mounted on the wall. The separate toilet area has a bidet and another sink. Inside this bathroom you will also find a large walk-in closet with a safe, life jackets and lots of hangers, space for suitcases and a few drawers.
|Large jacuzzi bathtub, to the left of the double sinks, with working Neptune's head water spout mounted on the wall. This tub is quite deep and may be difficult to climb into.|
|Main bathroom's separate toilet area, door located to left of the jacuzzi tub. Bidet is visible in the photo, toilet is behind the door on the right, extra sink on the left.|
9) The penthouse suite also has a few art works on display, including a gilt mirror in the bedroom and a statue in the living area. A living bonsai tree adds greenery to the decor.
|Gilt mirror in bedroom.|
|Statue found between dining and living area.|
|Living bonsai tree next to the desk.|
We throughly enjoyed our cruise in this fantastic suite, which is more like a small apartment at sea than the standard cramped cruise quarters we are used to. Superb concierge service at the Neptune Lounge down the hall and the included unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing services added to our comfort and enjoyment. Be forewarned, though - it may be hard to go back to real life after a week of being spoiled in this home-away-from-home at sea!
A Balcony With a View: Penthouse Suite 7046
Cruising Alaska's Inside Passage on HAL's Zuiderdam
Shore Excursion: Gold Panning in Juneau
Shore Excursion: Supper at the Gold Creek Salmon Bake in Juneau
Shore Excursion: White Pass Railroad in Skagway
A Taste of Tracy Arm Fjord
Cruising Alaska's Glacier Bay